Surgical Director-Heart Transplantation
Transplant Leadership Institute has been engaged by Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee to identify and recruit a Surgical Director of Heart Transplantation to join the Baptist Heart Institute. The addition of this surgeon will allow for the continued growth and expansion of the transplant program at Baptist Memorial Hospital – a 706 bed Tertiary Care Center located in a beautiful suburban-style area of Memphis. The hospital is home to one of the few adult heart transplant programs in the mid-south. They have performed more than 400 adult heart transplants and implanted more than 360 ventricular assist devices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Preferred candidates will have 5 or more years of experience in adult heart transplantation, mechanical circulatory support, and ECMO
· Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Baptist Memorial Hospital is one of 22 hospitals in the Baptist Health System with 750+ employed physicians in the Baptist Medical Group.
• Established Cardiac Transplant, LVAD, and ECMO program
• Academic affiliation – faculty appointment available
• Join team of 2 Transplant Surgeons, 4 Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologists, and a developing Cardiac Intensivist program
Memphis, Tennessee is a city along the Mississippi River with a population of over 600,000, making it Tennessee’s second-most populous city behind Nashville. Memphis is a regional center for commerce, education, media, performing arts, professional sports, great music, zoo and amazing food. Memphis is also known for affordable housing, a dynamic economy with multiple Fortune 500 companies and highly regarded colleges and universities. The weather is warm and mild and there is no state income tax.