Executive Director – OPO
Transplant Leadership Institute has been retained to assist in the recruitment of the Executive Director of ARORA (Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency). The planned retirement of its Executive Director creates an exceptional opportunity for a visionary and mission-driven leader to provide operational and strategic direction to this organ procurement organization. The Executive Director is responsible for directing all aspects of ARORA to ensure the success of the organization in achieving its mission, goals, and financial objectives, and serves as a leading spokesperson for the transplant community. Other responsibilities include preparing and presenting reports to the Board of Directors and staff, maintaining compliance with all state and federal regulations that apply to the agency, ensuring fiscal accountability, and supervising the management staff. The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors.
- BA/BS degree, Masters degree in relevant field preferred
- Ten years of experience in organ procurement preferred or ten years of healthcare administration such as: hospital, transplant center, or tissue/eye/blood banking
- Management and public relations experience
- Understanding of financial matters dealing with a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated leadership, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills (i.e. has the ability to make decisions based on situational circumstance, company policy and customer relations).