Medical Director, Heart Transplantation
Penn State Hershey is seeking a Medical Director for their Heart Transplant Program. The position will be charged with ongoing development, growth and medical oversight of the program. He/she will be responsible for program development and expansion with community partners and within Penn State Health while maintaining high quality and excellent outcomes. An emphasis on promoting community and regional development of these programs is expected. Other duties include:
- Promotes and leads a cooperative, collaborative, and effective work environment among the interdisciplinary team, administration, and other specialty departments.
- Reviews, evaluates and implement evidence based heart transplant program policies and procedures as they pertain to medical management and patient care.
- Establish a team care management process that fosters high quality patient care and respects scope of practice of each discipline.
- Assesses and communicates the need for equipment, supplies and budget for the heart transplant program on an annual basis.
- Assists the Transplant Administrator in developing and meeting the heart transplant programs budgetary goals
- Collaborate with fellowship directors, Nursing Education and Professional Development (NEPD), and Institute Leadership to ensure that all interdisciplinary team members are appropriately oriented and maintain competency related to the heart transplant program.
- The Transplant Medical Director works together with the Transplant Administrator to ensure efficient completion of day-to-day operations.
Requirements for the position are:
- Fellowship trained and board certified in Cardiovascular disease with additional training in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplant
- UNOS qualified for the care of patients with cardiac transplant