Senior Director, OPO Operations
LifeNet Health in Richmond, Virginia is seeking a Senior Director of OPO Operations. The position is responsible for providing daily leadership in the development, administration and direction of all aspects of the organ recovery process, including donor management, organ recovery, and hospital relations, while maintaining the ability to maximize outcomes in these departments in the achievement of goals and objectives. Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are current and up to date as well maintaining consistency and minimizing deviations. Responsible for assuring a comprehensive orientation, continuing education and training program for staff level clinical positions and orientation for all new hires, as well as continually monitoring staff core competencies and training needs. The Senior Director of OPO Operations participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for the overall success of the team in achieving departmental goals. The Senior Director of OPO Operations will perform their job in a manner that exemplifies the mission, attributes and values of LifeNet Health on a continuous basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, nursing, healthcare administration or business degree with strong clinical focus from an accredited college and university.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten years of management experience.
- Five years of OPO or Transplant Center experience.
- Three years of working knowledge of hospital operations and protocols.