Transplant Leadership Institute has been retained by Tower Health to identify and recruit a Transplant Administrator for their new Tower Health Transplant Institute. The Tower Health Transplant Institute is the new home for the nationally recognized kidney and liver transplant program formerly located at Hahnemann University Hospital. The Institute’s team of renowned surgeons, hepatologists, and nephrologists have joined the Tower Health Medical Group and will provide services in West Reading and Philadelphia. The transplant team surgeons—who have performed more than 3,000 organ transplants—will perform kidney and liver transplants at the state-of-the-art surgical facilities of the Reading Hospital HealthPlex, one of the most technologically advanced surgical facilities in the state. Inpatient services will be provided at Tower Health – Reading Hospital and Tower Health – Chestnut Hill Hospital, with outpatient services at Reading Hospital and in Center City Philadelphia. The Tower Health Transplant Institute will also include the Center for Liver Disease that was part of the Hahnemann program. While at Hahnemann, the transplant team had the only 5-star rated kidney transplant program in Pennsylvania and the third highest rated program in the United States.
The Transplant Administrator oversees day-to-day operations of the Tower Health Transplant departments ensuring patients receive safe, quality care in an efficient and customer-centric manner that is in alignment with established policies, procedures, protocols, and workflows through all phases of transplant. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Reading Hospital.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of six to eight years of service line and multi–department managerial experience including operational functions within a major academic medical center, complex tertiary hospital, or health system.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- An MBA, MHA, or other healthcare-related advanced degree is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of success in a large-scale clinical practice environment.
- A solid track record of success in establishing positive, effective physician relationships.
- Demonstrated record of success in growing programs and service volume.